Traduction pour mes amis français!

Sunday, November 10, 2013

The French and Their Food

What a day, what a day! Today I went to La Foire Gastronomique (the food fair!) It's a pretty well known thing in Dijon and it happens every year. Every year, a country hosts it. This year was South Africa, and it was pretty cool. Although South Africa hosted it, there was food from all over the world.

I got see and try a whole bunch of cool things from South Africa and I also tried some French delicacies. (I even ate some very American things.) First of all I had a sandwich with Foie Gras. Then I had escargot. Finally I had some gelato. (Also had some french fries but yeah.)

So foie gras is pretty much goose liver. It's a real delicacy in France and it's actually really good. It's usually eaten around Christmas and is quite expensive. I really liked it and I think that's true for most people. I don't like how it's made though. I'm not going to say because it's pretty gross but if you want to look it up feel free to.

Next I had Escargot (snail.) It's actually really good. The texture is a little chewy but the sauce* really makes it. The sauce has garlic, butter and then basil or cilantro, I'm not really sure. But yeah so that was super good and now I can say I'm a true French person because it's super cliché.


Finally I had gelato.** It was pistachio chocolate which was super delicious. Gelato is Italian ice cream that is softer and creamier than most American ice creams. It's my favorite type of Ice cream. They also have some great, and different flavors from your normal ice creams (kind of like Ben and Jerry's, which is actually in France!)

Well that's all I got for today. If you're looking for something new, go to a French restaurant and try some escargot! Have you guys already tried escargot? Did you like it? What's the most exotic food you've ever eaten? Tell me in a comment below! Have a good week!

*The sauce is also super delish with bread.
**Although gelato isn't French I thought I'd mention it anyway since it's foreign and really yummy.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, there are Ben & Jerry's in France but just a couple flavor.. Which is really sad.. :(
    Btw, I likes Escargots :)

    ReplyDelete