Traduction pour mes amis français!

Sunday, November 24, 2013

And Now... The Weather

So a couple days ago it snowed. And not like just a dusting. No. When I woke up there was a good 4 inches (10cm) of snow on the ground. Now I've heard this is abnormal for France (Dijon) at this time of year but it got me thinking what the weather is like here, at least in Dijon (I know in the south they're still catching rays, at least to some extent.)

Let's start with the facts (according to actual sources):
  • Dijon is considered a mild continental climate.
  • The temperature averages between -1° Celsius in January to 27° Celsius in July and August (30° F to 80° F.)
  • In winter the average temperature is between -1° and 4° C (30°-40° F.)
  • In summer the average temperature is between 15°and 25° C (59°-78°  F.)
  • Dijon doesn't receive a lot of snow, and when it does get snow, it melts quickly as the temperature doesn't rest below 0° (32° F) for very long.
Now the facts (according to Kobi):
Ew.
  • It rains in the winter. A lot.
  • Like a lot a lot.
  • And when it's not raining, it's still cloudy which sucks.
  • My shoes are getting ruined.
  • The weather is definitely the worst thing so far.
  • I can't really say much about the summer since I was only here for the very end of it, but it's hot and doesn't rain as much so I liked it.
  • I've heard it rains every day in the spring.
  • This isn't really weather, but the leaves still haven't totally fallen off the trees yet, nor are they really close to.
  • Rain's gross and cold.
  • If you like rain come to Dijon, also come if you like mustard.
  • Even though it's above freezing it's still really cold ugh.

Well that's about it for this post! Do you like the rain? What's your favorite weather? Leave a comment below!

3 comments:

  1. I really get what you say about the weather, I was an exchange student in Michigan and there was A LOT of snow, and that was a really big change for me because I'm from an Island in the Caribbean. I used to walk to school every morning because it was kind of close and by the end of the year all of my shoes were ruined too! Hahaha. I hope you're enjoying your year in France and you have a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When were you in Michigan, that sounds really cool! Thanks a lot, I'm glad you liked it! :)

      Delete
    2. I was in Farmington Hills, it was kind of close to Detroit! I took French there, it was actually easy to learn a third language because it is similar to Spanish which is my native language.

      Delete